Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Entry #7: Research On The Lion, The Witch, And The Wardrobe

As I searched for more information on C.S. Lewis, author of The Chronicles Of Narnia, I had come across this blog right here at blogspot all about C.S. Lewis and his world famous writing. It turns out he wrote so much more than just the Narnia books. His 40-some books include Out Of The Silent Planet, The Screwtape Letters, Mere Christianity, A Year With Aslan, Great Divorce, and much more. Some of these books aren't just fantasies, but reflect on his life. Some of the information I found on the blog confirmed that C.S. Lewis was a religious Christian, being a Christian writer and all, like when my group and I found the Christian themes in The Lion, The Witch, And The Wardrobe. He was born in 1898 and died in 1963.

I knew that Barnes And Noble had editorial reviews of books so I went to read the reviews there. These are reviews from Barnes And Noble, the publisher of the book, Gale Research, the New York Times, and Children's Literature. These reviews may be short, but I think they say enough that has to be said. I think the book is just a wonderful fantasy for all ages (though B&N says it's for ages 8-12, I strongly disagree) the whole series is just epic adventure after epic adventure and unlike the other childhood rereading books, I actually enjoyed this one (which is obviously why I chose it).

Anyway, I'm getting off the topic of research around now.

2 comments:

  1. wow u really looked for him on blogspot i would hav googled him

    ReplyDelete
  2. i did google it google gave me the blog lol

    ReplyDelete