Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Entry #6: Expand On An Interesting Note

In The Lion, The Witch, And The Wardrobe, I noticed that the book and the one before in the series tells a very well known story of the Bible, recognized even by non-Christians like myself. The rest of my group also noticed that. For example, in the book before this (I know not the actual book, but this is like a text-to-text connection I guess), The Magician's Nephew, the story is just like the story of Adam and Eve with the apple tree and the garden in the book, just like the apple tree in the Garden of Eden. Also in The Lion, The Witch, And The Wardrobe, Aslan, who symbolizes strength and courage and the good side of Narnia, is killed but then later comes back to life. This is just like the story of the resurrection of Christ. I haven't read the rest of the books in the series apart from The Magician's Nephew (but even that I haven't finished yet; I stopped reading it halfway through. It isn't as interesting to me as the Lion, The Witch, And The Wardrobe) and this one so I don't know for sure if the rest of the series is like the Bible too, but I predict that it is. And now that I've reread this book, it makes me want to read the rest of the series now because I hadn't read this book in years and had forgotten how magical and enjoyable it was! And now that I'm older they'd be easier to read and I can think more about them that I could if I was still nine years old like I was when i first read this.

No comments:

Post a Comment